Modern Universal React dev with Next.js
Next.js is a framework for building React applications with automatic server side rendering support, which results in improved performance over "vanilla" React. The framework also offers zero configuration, automatic code splitting and prefech out of the box.
- How to create and configure next Next based projects
- Exposure to some gotchas
- How to handle special cases around server/client side only and using environment variables
- Custom routing and parameter handling
From previous attendees
"Remy's workshop was excellent. Expertly filling in the blanks on using Next.js in the wild."- Tim Reed / Hugo & Cat
"The workshop on Next.js was very informative and covered a full project build (integration, testing and build) in the space of a single day! Taught through a number of defined snapshots (Git tags), it was very easy to follow how such a project could be implemented."- Ian Ovenden / Wiley
"I really enjoyed Remy's Next.js workshop. It was easy enough to follow without issues and challenging enough to realise it's potential and try bringing it to my company."- Andre Dargains / Fullsix Portugal
What will be covered?
- Up and running: application architecture: Create your first fully SSR Next.js application. Compose layouts and head elements.
- Extending: custom routing, parameters: Clean and custom URLs, mapping params, environment variables, and more.
- Connecting: Database backed pages: Beyond the code: dynamic data and securing pages.
- Testing, building & deploying: Tests & fixtures with Jest, gotchas, and deploy strategies.
Who is this workshop for?