This full day workshop will introduce you to HTML5 with a brief backstory, before diving into the APIs one by one. As well as going through code and showing practical demonstrations, where possible, we'll also talk about the alternatives for old browsers that don't support "awesome" out of the box.
"Awesome day! Thank you so much Remy for a fantastic workshop! :) looking forward to using my new knowledge!"- Stuart Elmore
"The workshop with @rem today was awesome! Learned a bunch and am genuinely excited to use new tech."- Corey Dunston
What will be covered?
- Video & audio – move over Flash
- Canvas – bring on the Mario games
- Storage – like cookies, but tastes so much better
- Offline – forget the web
- Geolocation – finders keepers
- Web Workers – multithreading for the browser
- Web Sockets – pushing data was never so easy
Who is this workshop for?